After coming home from the Bus Stop Pub (where I had the bejesus scared out of me thanks to Dire Straights and his "Sultans of Swing"), I had to hop in the shower due to yet another smelly, sweaty, humid Pissah practice.
As I was looking in the mirror (as all girls do before they get into the shower), I looked at the smallest of the 3 incisions from my appendix surgery and realized it hadn't fully scarred over yet. In fact, it looked like the scab was about ready to fall off. So I picked at it, like a retahd and felt something prick me -- not like a needle or anything as sharp, but it was definitely the edge of something. I then proceeded to pull a piece of clear plasticy string out of the incision. It comes to my attention that maybe, just maybe, my stitches are still in the incisions from my surgery well over a month ago.
I thought that I had received dissolvable stitches. And even though I was a little curious as to why my incisions were still red, I just assumed that these things took time. I also thought, that if I needed to go back to get stitches out -- that they would be black. So I can only assume at this point that my body (as finicky as it is) instead of rejecting these dissolvable stitches and breaking them down (like it's supposed to), it has welcomed them with open cells and they are now residing in my body forever. I'm considering finding a way to take them out myself -- orrrrrr I could just call my PCP and ask if she can take them out. Probably the latter, seeign as I would probably try to cut my other incisions open with a nail clipper or something similar and get gangreen and die. That's my luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment